|Adding an office to a used|
So my helpful tip for anyone searching for a used modular building (with a specific layout) is always negotiate the price for modifications. Here are some typical modifications that will cost you extra money up front of amortized into your rental rate:
1. Remove or add interior walls and partitions.
2. Add or remove bathrooms.
3. Add or remove doors and windows.
4. Change the floor, wall or ceiling finishes.
5. Add lights, outlets or other utility connection points.
6. Special exterior finish changes (paint, stucco, trim)
7. Add built in furniture such as cabinetry or storage.
These modifications can be made with ease and the costs to do so are usually marked up and sold to the buyer of the modular building as a one time charge (if you are purchasing the modular building) or added into the rental rate with interest. If you know what floor plan design you want try to get three prices from three local suppliers and ask for the modification price separately. Once you have the prices compare and try to negotiate the modification price down first and then see how willing the supplier is to reduce the actual sale price of the prefab office or classroom you are trying to buy.
This blog post was approved by iModular.com, a GBM Marketing, Inc. web property.